She has helped a vast cross section of patients over the years who have come to her suffering with hormonal imbalances, pain, digestive disorders, stress and depression, fatigue and immune disorders, to professional athletes including Olympic medalists, international rugby players, Ryder cup and major world championship golfers who just wish to be at the top of their game on every level possible.
She draws upon over 25 years of postgraduate study and practice in the field of Western complementary, traditional Eastern and naturopathic medicine. Jennifer’s special interest is to focus on health and wellness, to look at ‘prevention’ in all its forms and to help restore the body’s natural equilibrium from the physical to the more emotional and spiritual elements of our human energetic physiology.
Jennifer integrates these models for the promotion of health and treatment of dis-ease and combines her multi-disciplinary approach with energy healing and the latest breakthroughs in Functional Medicine. In functional medicine, underlying factors including environmental influences, mind-body elements and gene expression are just some of the areas considered in this integrative healthcare system.
Jennifer wrote the popular columns “What’s the Alternative?” for The Sunday Times Style magazine and “Ask Jennifer” for The Guardian. She is a published author of “Nine Ways to Body Wisdom” (Harper Collins), The Natural Care Detox Handbook (Dorling Kindersley) and the meditation CD “Seasons of the Soul” (available on iTunes).
Jennifer has been both a researcher and presenter for numerous alternative health series and segments on radio and television including GMTV and the BBC. In addition to her regular columns, Jennifer has written on health-related issues for a variety of other magazines and publications.
Jennifer offers treatments ranging from:
• Detailed naturopathic health consultation including non-invasive tests such as Asyra.
• Nutritional consultation including screening for nutritional deficiencies, food sensitivities/allergies and advising on specific dietary programmes.
• Tailor-made programmes for patients who wish to manage their health in a pro-active way.
• Stress relieving treatments including bodywork combining essential oils, meridian / acupressure / acupuncture, Asyra and healing.
• Your naturopathic consultation involves a full review of your questionnaire, which provides Jennifer the necessary information on your medical history together with the current state of your physical and emotional health. It is an opportunity to explore any health concerns that you wish to be addressed and includes a variety of non-invasive tests such as a full comprehensive health analysis using the Asyra Pro which performs numerous full body system scans.
• Lifestyle changes will be discussed, nutritional advice given regarding your diet, food intolerances and any vitamin or mineral deficiencies. Other therapeutic treatments may include botanicals including essential oils, fresh juices, tinctures or teas; homoeopathy; Spagyric medicine and cutting edge nutritional supplements to help in the correction of any underlying deficiencies.
• An initial treatment protocol is determined and devised during this consultation. Through a process of regular consultations, your progress will be monitored, treatments and prescriptions adjusted to achieve optimum results.
Sheila F, Guildford, Surrey
Jennifer has an exceptional gift. She listens carefully to her patients and is genuinely dedicated to healing their health problems with amazing results. For years I have suffered from scoliosis of the spine, the painful cramp in my back was completely eradicated after Jennifer’s remarkable treatment. She has changed my life using her gift, love and devotion.
Charlotte, Zurich, Switzerland
Jennifer is a most wonderful, kind and caring person and has a gift of knowing how to heal the human heart. Her gift of healing and extensive knowledge has brought me back to good health and happiness.
Sarah G, Woking
Jennifer’s knowledge of the body and how it combines with the emotions of the person is quite phenomenal. I have never met in the last 20 years of seeing various therapists such a knowledgeable person and a philosophy which surpasses naturopaths, dieticians and every other body therapist I have ever come into contact.
Kura K, London
I respect Jennifer greatly for her open attitude, ‘non-flakiness’ and her years of commitment in mastering her field. Jennifer has a non-judgmental, caring attitude and she has fast become a trusted and genuinely caring figure in my life. I would sincerely recommend her to any one of my friends, or a complete stranger who is seeking help for a small problem or a whole new way of living….
Rayna A, Angel Event Management
In my opinion, Jennifer Harper-Deacon is truly a *star*, her professional calm manner as well as her knowledge and her natural gift and perception for healing makes her completely unique…